March 12, 2020
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Clear Passage Educational Center (CPEC) continues to monitor the local, state and national status of the new coronavirus. In the interim, we are also taking the following precautionary steps to promote a safe school environment:
- All “high touch” areas in school that could contribute to the spread of illness will be sanitized daily.
- Restrooms will be monitored daily to ensure that sufficient soap and hand towels are available for students and staff to wash their hands frequently. CPEC is working toward securing additional supplies of hand sanitizer that will be made available in high traffic areas like restrooms, the main office and the computer lab. It should be noted that while the use of hand sanitizer also is recommended, frequent hand washing with soap and water is more effective in preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
- Information related to recommended precautions will be posted in the school office, computer lab and on CPEC’s website.
- As a reminder, if your child has a fever, he/she must be fever-free 24 hours before returning to CPEC’s campus to use the school’s computer lab.
*Please note that students should continue to complete course assignments at home when not on campus.
The following are recommendations for staff, students and families to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and other infectious diseases:
- Stay home when ill. This includes symptoms such as fever, cough/difficulty breathing and/or intestinal problems. Stay home at least 24 hours after you are fever free.
- Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve (elbow) or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as door handles.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Enclosed is a flyer that provides additional information about the coronavirus and safety tips. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school at (562) 912-7480 or (888) 502-1116. Or to receive updates you can visit the school website at www.cpecschool.org.
Coronavirus Information – Long Beach Health and Human Services